Monday, October 31, 2005

In Memoriam


Tomorrow, November 1st, we have this official holiday in Belgium. Most people visit the cemetaries where their beloved family or friends are resting in peace. Different colored chrysanthemums are put on the tombs and prayers or thoughts accompany them.
Thinking of my mother who passed away three years ago I revised a rose painting thinking she would like them better as they are now ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lorenz said...

Hi Gilberte..What an honour to your mom...She must have been a great lady. They are beautiful roses. Beautiful painting with lots of light! Bravo. Have a beautiful rememberance day of your late mom tomorrow!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Katelyn Alain said...

this is beautiful gilberte. the roses really pop out. i'm sure she would love them.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour Gilberte.....a beautiful painting......for your Mother.....and such a lovely gesture from your country..... to have an official day for remembering loved ones.....I think of my Dear Dad every day and the sadness never goes away.....hugs....Kim

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gilberte,
Lovely rose and may she RIP
Over here since all soul days falls on weekday we had a mass last Sunday.
Nice to read your bloger, didn't see much the last time I was there.
Love your Belgian fries too.
Dewi

4:55 PM  
Blogger Rosario Andrade said...

Bonjour Gilberte!
It was lovely to find your blog, just by chance. I also love painting but I prefer oils. I really like your works, I tink you are very talented!
( If you want to have a look at my works, have a look at my blog, under the category "A minha Galeria". Unfortunately, the blog is written in portuguese, but art is an universal language!...
I lived in Brussels almost one year, I still have loads of friends there.
I went to Antwerp only once, during the carnival... I absolutely adored it! It was massevely fun!

I am going to add you blog to my links... hope ypu don't mind.

Regards from England!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home